He Has Arrived: Talan's Birth Story!

Our sweet little Talan Paul is finally here and we are loving his sweet personality and being able to give him lots and lots of kisses and snuggles. The few days before my scheduled C-section were pretty eventful seeing as I started having contracts that Friday that lasted all weekend. I was in a lot of discomfort but seeing as my contractions were not doing my cervix's any justice I had deal with them (which annoyed me). I am not a fan of being in pain and pregnancy pain is the worst kind of pain. Tuesday morning rolled around and I found myself waking bright and earlier, semi-rested, and all I wanted to do was snuggle my first born son and cherish his last moments of being an only child. I cried a lot, I ain't going to lie. We said our goodbyes to Amari and off to the hospital we went to get checked in. It was nice knowing what was going on this time around and actually being coherent even though I got pricked with lots and lots of needles while they pumped me full of fluids two hours prior before my surgery. I will admit that I was rather anxious and very nervous about getting cut open and I couldn't stop staring at the clock. Noon felt so far away as I watched the minute hand tick away. When the nurse finally came in to bring me back to OR 3 my nerves started to take over as I waddled my way down the halls with my big pregnant belly for the last time. I don't know how many times I prayed for everything to go right while I got my epidural and waited for the medication to numb my lower half as I laid down on the table. I just remember watching the clock until Trevor appeared and the surgery went underway. I knew that I was in good hands with Dr. Chang and Dr. Adamek. Trev did a great job keeping me calm and at 12:25 p.m. I heard my baby's sweet little cry for the first time and it brought tears to my eyes. I could barely see him but I did manage to catch a few glimpses of him and Trevor snapped a photo on his phone and showed me so I could see him. When I did finally get to see him I felt nothing but pure love and joy and I couldn't wait to hold him in my arms for the first time and hold him close. I kissed Talan's sweet little face and couldn't help but notice how little he was and how much hair he had. He didn't have as much hair as Amari did but he had enough and I couldn't help but smile as I heard those sweet little cries of his. Recovery wise it was rough this time around but it didn't stop me from watching Amari interact with his little brother for the first time. He was so excited to see him and planted a big kiss on his forehead. I will never forget that precious moment as two brothers met for the first time. We are so happy that he made it safe and sound. We love you so very much Talan Paul!














Talan Paul Durant 
7 pounds, 8 ounces 
19 inches 
Born on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 
12:25 p.m. 

Post a Comment

I Am Natasha