My Current Facial Care Routine for Summer

I am awful when it comes to taking care of my skin. I always have been. I'm ashamed to admit it. When I was younger I used to go to bed without washing the makeup off my face and since I naturally have oily skin I would wake up with a huge pimple on my cheek or forehead. It was awful. Now that I will be turning 32 in the fall I am trying to take better care of my skin. I have been doing a pretty good job the last couple of months. 

I started forcing myself to wash my face the moment I wake up and right before I go to bed. I once read somewhere that if you fall asleep with makeup on it ages your skin by ten years. Yikes! I cringed when I read it and it has motivated me to keep my face and neck clean. I also make sure that I use toner to deep clean those large pores of mine and moisturize with a facial lotion that is oil free. 

I treat myself with facial masks 5 days a week. I tend to rotate between sheet masks, peels and clay masks. Some of my favorite masks come from a cute little shop in Portland called Pretty & Cute. It's an Asian beauty store and the masks are amazing even though I don't know what they say! I just know that they work and that my skin feels hydrated, soft, and clean afterwards.

What is your current facial care routine for the summer? I would love to hear about it as well as any products that you might recommend.

Thanks for stopping bye and have a wonderful rest of the week.


 

Post a Comment

I Am Natasha